Friends of the Library
Who are the Friends of the Library?
We are a group of exuberant, enthusiastic, creative, book-loving individuals who cherish our library and want it to be the best it can be. Our organization was founded in 1965.
- To maintain an active group of volunteers interested in the operation and maintenance of our library.
- To focus public attention on the library.
- To stimulate the use of the library’s resources and services.
- To receive and encourage gifts, endowments and bequests to the library.
- To support and cooperate with the library in developing services and facilities for the community.
What We Do
- Buy books and materials for the library
- Buy equipment for the library
- Fund children’s programs
- Fund adult programs
- Fund library improvement projects
- Volunteer in the library where needed
- Hold book sales
- Maintain the back room work and sale area
- Maintain the in-library book mart
- Work with the library staff and Board on projects and events
Ways You Can Help
Volunteer opportunities are varied. We are always looking for active, creative, and book-loving membersto have fun with us and support our library. There are many ways you can help, either a little or a lot! Some of our ongoing tasks are listed below for your review.
- Stock paperback carousel
- Stock Book Mart
- Sort through donated books
- Research collectible books online
- Shelve books
- Clean books
- Cashier at Book Mart
- Help with book sales
- Recruit new members
- Publicize events and activities